Let's make Blue Lotus Tincture
Hey there! Let's talk about Blue Lotus, also known as Nymphaea Caerulea. It's one of my favorite scents, and today, before we make a tincture from this, let's talk about a bit of the significance of this plant.
This sacred plant holds major importance in Hinduism and has been used for spiritual and medicinal purposes for centuries. In Hindu philosophy, the lotus flower is considered the first creation and represents purity, enlightenment, and rebirth. Now, let's dive into its association with deities like Lord Vishnu, the preserver of the universe. You'll often see him holding or sitting on a Blue Lotus flower, which signifies his divine beauty and transcendence. The Blue Lotus is also connected with Goddess Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth and prosperity, symbolizing abundance and good fortune. Apart from its association with deities, the Blue Lotus is widely used in practices such as meditation and yoga. Its calming properties help achieve a deeper state of meditation and promote a strong connection with the divine. Did I mention that the scent of Blue Lotus has a relaxing effect on the mind and body? No wonder it's popular in incense and aromatherapy!
So, let's make Blue Lotus tincture at home. It is easy and cost-effective, and you can add this tincture to your homemade mask or moisturizer for added benefits. Here's a simple recipe that you can use to make your own Blue Lotus tincture:
- 1/2 cup dried Blue Lotus flowers
- 1 cup Glycerine or Vinegar (I prefer Glcerine as it's gentle and hydrating on the skin)
- Glass jar with lid
- Cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer
- Amber glass dropper bottles
- Add the dried Blue Lotus flowers to a glass jar with a lid.
- Pour the glycerine over the flowers, ensuring they are completely submerged.
- Secure the lid on the jar and shake well to combine.
- Store the jar in a cool, dark place for 1-2 weeks, shaking it daily to ensure the flowers are fully infused in the glycerine.
- After 1-2 weeks, strain the tincture through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer to remove the plant material.
- Transfer the tincture to amber glass dropper bottles and label them with the date and contents.
- Store the tincture in a cool, dark place until ready to use.
The recommended dosage of Blue Lotus tincture may vary depending on individual needs and the specific product used. It's always best to consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before starting any new supplement regimen.
Overall, Blue Lotus tincture is a natural supplement traditionally used for its relaxing, mood-enhancing, and sleep-promoting effects. Making your Blue Lotus tincture at home is an easy and cost-effective way to incorporate this powerful herb into your wellness routine.
Now Benefits of Blue Lotus Tincture:
- Hydrates Skin: Blue Lotus acts as a natural moisturizer, nourishing your skin and giving it a supple and radiant look.
- Reduces Inflammation: Blue Lotus has got you covered if you've got sensitive skin! Its anti-inflammatory properties help to soothe and calm any irritation or redness.
- Brightens Skin: Say goodbye to dark spots! Blue Lotus's antioxidants help brighten your skin and even out your complexion.
- Fights Acne: Breakouts? Not anymore! Blue Lotus has antibacterial properties that combat acne-causing bacteria, keeping your skin clear and fresh.
- Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Let's turn back the clock! Blue Lotus's anti-aging properties reduce those pesky fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improves Skin Elasticity: Say hello to firmer, youthful-looking skin! The proteins and amino acids in Blue Lotus boost skin elasticity.
- Protects Against Environmental Stressors: Pollution and UV radiation? No worries! Blue Lotus's antioxidants shield your skin from these harmful factors, preventing damage and premature aging.
- Soothes Sunburn: Feeling the heat? Blue Lotus soothes sunburn, easing discomfort and reducing redness and inflammation.
- Promotes Relaxation: Lastly, Blue Lotus has relaxing properties that reduce stress and bring a sense of calm. Ahhh, bliss!
Pretty amazing. Blue Lotus is truly a game-changer for your skin.